Friday, June 20, 2008
36 weeks
Who would have thought I would have made it this far into pregnancy? All the moms of twins I've spoken to had their babies at week 33 or 34, so I guess we're doing alright. The babies are growing like mad, a pound each in the last two weeks. Isabella weighed in on Friday at 6 pounds 1 ounce and Matthew at 5 pounds 8 ounces. Both received 8 out of 8 on their biophysical exam--I love to watch them practice their breathing. It's comforting to know that if they were born now they would be healthy but small babies. In the meantime, I am healthy but definitely not small. Imagine carrying almost 12 pounds of baby, plus two placentas and two sacs of amniotic fluid...needless to say, my feet are enormous and I can't really sleep at night (of course, I also can't toss and turn, so I've been using the time to read up on the first month of motherhood). I'll have to take a picture of this burgeoning belly and post it--the babies have dropped and now I only have a couple of options left in terms of pants. In thirteen days or less I will meet my little ones, and I can't wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We are so excited to meet the babies! And we are, of course, so anxious for you to become comfortable! Poor thing!
We love you.
Jen and Kelly
Post a Comment