Saturday, May 29, 2010

Nature vs. nurture


As a mother of twins, I have had many opportunities to ponder this age old question. When the babies first began to eat solid food, for example, I was amazed to see Isabella taking little chunks of food between thumb and index finger and daintily bringing them to her mouth. By the time Matthew was finished with his first attempts at eating, not only did his face need washing, but so did the tablecloth, the floor, Mommy and Daddy...
On Thursday I took Matthew and Isabella to Safeway to do some fruit shopping and they each insisted on holding their own apple. I let thmem hold on to their apples 'til we got home. They handed me their apples and I stared at them in amazement. Again, just another example of how very different these guys are. Over 20 minutes, Isabella had muched away on one small area of her apple, leaving the rest of the apple intact, while Matthew had taken little bites from all over his apple. I love these little reminders that we are raising two very different little people. I thought I should take a picture and capture my impressions.

1 comment:

HollyK said...

I remember that day! That was fun!